background

Sunday, September 09, 2012

Fall Revival 2012




                 Pastor called all of the musicians of the church up, and asked us to play a special. We didn't         practice this at all so it's a little rough. Hope it is a blessing!






                Our girls group singing "Amazing Love" which was also "spur-the-moment"...






                                               All of us teens playing around after service....




Megan and her best friend Cheyenne....







Well, I don't know what to say about our revival. We didn't have a packed out church or hundreds saved, but God sure did meet with us poor sinners. I know HE helped me personally and most of the church has said the same thing. Bro. Earl preached on many different topics, but the one that spoke to me the most was his message on acknowledging God. It is soo easy for us to get caught up in our own lives, and forget to seek God's direction. I know, I personally, tend to seek God's direction on the big, life-altering decisions, but forget to seek Him on the smaller things. The Bible says though, in Proverbs that we are to "lean not unto our own understanding", and "in all our ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct our paths". I learned that I need to seek God in every single (tiny or large) thing I do. God will direct us, if we only ask. He wants us to trust Him and wait for His guidance. Another message that really spoke straight to me was Joe's message on Zeal. All of us have zeal for something (music, art, sports, etc...) but if our zeal isn't for the things of God first and foremost, we are sinning and placing an idol before God. With the Bible Institute starting back up tomorrow all of us are fired up. But will our zeal for Bible school last longer than a couple weeks? The  things of the world creep in so slowly and steal our zeal from the things of God and turn our heart towards the cares of the world. I want to be constantly zealously affected for the things of God. I want to seek Him and trust Him and live for Him in all I do, and by God's grace I will. I praise the Lord for everything He has done for me this week. Our revival was truly a blessing and a huge help to myself and any others in attendance.

~Kaitlyn
Psalm 101:2-3