background

Monday, August 20, 2012

Vacation Bible School 2012










Jeremiah leading our team in a screaming competition...



"Officer" Brother Joe preaching to the kids...



Me, leading my team in a game...




The Red Team singing for the parents...



Weighing the offering...



The Blue Team singing for the parents...



The Blue Team's (Megan's team) decorations....










The Red Team's (my team) decorations...



















The Red team ended up losing, so Tara, Jeremiah and I as leaders had water balloons burst on us after service as the penalty for losing.


This year's VBS was truly a blessing. We started out with 10 kids the first night and by the end we had over 20 children! We had been praying all week that God would move during this VBS and bring the kids in and that someone might come to know Him as their Lord and Savior. God definitely showed up this week. He not only brought the kids in, but He allowed one little girl to come to know Him! Praise God! Allot of time and effort went into this week and it all was worth it to hear that someone trusted Christ as their Saviour. Brother Woody was in charge of everything, and set up us teenagers to be team leaders over the kids. The theme of the week was "Rescue the Perishing", so  the teams were Police(blue) versus the Firefighters(red). I was the red team leader and I think I had more fun than the kids did. Teams got points for wearing their team colors, bringing/wearing something that corresponded with their team, bringing their Bible, saying their verses, screaming the loudest, bringing the heaviest offering, winning the games, and having the best decorations. All of teenagers got soo into it that we spent litterally hours decorating our half the church before every service. We would also paint our faces and dye our hair. It was so much fun. My team ended up losing, but only by a final tie-breaker. We had been collecting money all week for Bro. Larry and the orphanage in Africa. The teams competed by seeing who could bring the heaviest offering, so most of the money was brought in pennies. The final tie-breaker was a church-wide offering, and my team unfortunately lost. We still raised allot of money for the children in Africa and it was still a really good week at VBS. I am thankful that I was able to help out, I know that it was a blessing to me just to see the kids fired up. Hopefully we made an impact on their lives that they won't soon forget.